Cars are a vital part of our everyday lives. They get us where we need to go on time, allowing us to make money, see friends, take care of emergencies, and more. That is why it’s so important to stick to a regular schedule for preventive maintenance. The consequences of not doing so could be severe.
In this article, we are going to talk about why preventive maintenance is important, what to expect from the process, and where to go when your car is due for this maintenance.
Preventive Maintenance: Why It’s Important
We’ve already talked about the big picture when it comes to the importance of preventive maintenance, but there are also many specific reasons why it is crucial to stick to your maintenance schedule.
- Neglecting preventive maintenance can leave small problems unchecked. These small issues will spiral out of control and cost a lot of money to repair. When you go in for regular inspections and maintenance, a qualified mechanic will be able to diagnose and address any small issue before it turns into something big that will drain your wallet.
- Preventive maintenance keeps your car running optimally. You will be able to enjoy a smooth ride and get to your destination with no worries as long as you listen to the instructions in your driver’s manual and stick to a regular schedule.
- Maintenance will increase the longevity of your car’s life. Think about it this way – when you neglect to feed and care for your pets, it is likely that they will develop health problems that shorten their lifespans. The same can be said of your car. The better care you take of your vehicle, the longer you can expect to keep driving it.
Preventive Maintenance: What to Expect
Taking your car to an auto repair shop for preventive maintenance is pretty simple, but you don’t often get to see what the experts are doing during the process. Not knowing leads some drivers to place less importance on sticking to a maintenance schedule.
In order to help you understand, we’re going to go over what “preventive maintenance” of a car typically includes.
- Wheel alignment
- Tire rotation and tire pressure check
- General inspection (including brakes, filters, tires, valves, belts, and hoses)
- Refill/replacement of fluids (i.e. oil, coolant)
- Repair of minor issues (fluid leaks, brake replacements, etc.)
In summary, you can expect your car to be closely inspected for any issue that may cause a bigger problem later on and have those issues repaired. Any fluids that need to be replaced or refilled will be done by these mechanics.
Preventive Maintenance: How Often to Schedule Appointments
Knowing when to schedule an appointment for preventive maintenance of your car is the key to longevity, a smooth ride, and worry-free driving. The problem is that the best maintenance schedule is not a one size fits all deal for every car.
That is why you have your driver’s manual! Your manual will let you know how often your specific vehicle should be taken to an auto shop for maintenance. The intervals between services are based on a few factors:
- the age of your car
- the climate you regularly drive in
- car mileage
- how often you drive
Because these factors vary widely from car to car, check your driver’s manual and make an appointment for preventive maintenance accordingly.
Finding Quality Auto Maintenance
Your car is central to your everyday life, and finding a team of mechanics that you can trust is essential.
Here at Kwik KarRidgmar, we believe that thorough inspections and regular maintenance are of the utmost importance; the best customer is a safe one. We also believe that you should be informed about every step of the preventive maintenance process so that you can make the most informed decision for your safety while driving.
We’ll go over every step of the process with you to address all concerns and ensure that you are satisfied with the result.
Texas drivers located in the following areas are only a short drive away from the automotive experts at Kwik KarRidgmar:
- Sansom Park
- West Fort Worth
- Westover Hills
- Westworth Village
- White Settlement
- Fort Worth
Make an appointment and let us help you today.